Saturday, April 26, 2008

Playing for the Mill, Victory in Jesus, What a Great Looking Bunch

Playing at the Mill

Hello one and all. I had the privilege of playing electric guitar Friday at The Mill. Desperation was out of town so there was a lack of guitar players for Friday worship. I had expressed interest to Glenn about playing at the Mill so right before he started song writing class he told me he needed someone to play. Mitchell Shift led with Becca Ham. I’ll try to put up some pictures soon, but needless to say I loved it and hope to play again.

What God Has Been Showing Me

The whole idea of moving to another place in the country that I’ve never been before is a little scary. Yesterday, I came to the point where I said “God, I’m not going anywhere without you.” Everything I know and have experienced tells me if I go with him I’ll be more than fine. Yesterday I was holding on to that. Today in my devotions I read Psalms 108. David talks about how “with God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies,” despite surrounding danger. I don’t have tangible enemies, but I do have tangible challenges. I felt like God was telling me he will grant me victory, not just survival. I don’t know what that will look like yet, but I’ve gone from being hesitant to being excited.

Uganda Update

I’m trying to include pictures of our team time last Saturday. It really was a great time and I am very excited about how God will use us in Africa. Financially I am not doing as well as last time. I’m at $1770.00 when I should be at $2200.00. I’m not worried about it. God has a habit of providing. I would like to thank Paul and Cathy Strahan and Dan and Nancy Davis for there contributions. I am always touched when ever I find and envelope in the mail, so thank you very much for giving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your posts, Jed. I have been commissioned by the Strahans to figure out how to send this address to everyone. Oh, joy! Me and computers are such a team!
Mom